Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Favorite Books Links Party!

There is a book challenge over at Rundes Room! They are doing a link up of favorite books for different categories! Check it out!

Here are mine:

                      My Favorite Books

  Childhood Favorites – So hard to pick one … I had so many.  I think I’d have to say my absolute favorites were Anne of Green Gables, Babysitters Club and I loved Little Women! All books were such great examples of strong young women - which I grew up in a family of five girls! So it was a way to step out of our life and into someone else's! 



Classroom Favorites - I teach first grade and there are so many great picture books. I love The Kissing Hand series - such a sweet story about trust, faith and love! But, I also love the Junie B. Jones Series. We read one a week and play games and complete activities on correcting Junie B's grammar. I love hearing all the kids laugh and giggle and then the excitement on their eyes when they can read the series by themselves! 


Reading to my Own Children Favorites – I don't have any children... but when I am with nieces and nephews I will read anything to them! I love reading Dr. Seuss, Little Critter, Pinkalicious, Harry and the Dinosaur and Henry and Mudge!






Professional Favorites – Teach Like Your Hair is on Fire! Such a great book full of inspiration! 



Guilty-Pleasure Favorites – I enjoy any books. I just finished the Hunger Games Series and absolutely loved it! 









What are your favorites!?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I love Anne of Green Gables, too. I have a copy that used to be my grandmother's - published in the 1930s. So many good memories. I'd love to send you your "loot bag" for linking up, but I can't find your email. If you email me at jenrunde(at)yahoo(dot)com, I'll send it out to you.

    ReplyDelete