Friday, July 18, 2014

Let's do this!

Excuses, excuses, excuses... I don't have any for not being present in the blog world... well... I have one. A BIG one...


He isn't so big just yet.. His name is Oliver and he is the new love of my life. He is going to be 5 months on Sunday (Don't ask me where the time has gone.. I have NO CLUE)! This little man was born near the end of February and I didn't have to go back to school!

Now I am getting ready for the school year to begin  (cue emotional melt down) and for the first time in 9 years- I am not as excited as I usually am. I am happy for the new year to start and a new routine to begin.. but I am dreading leaving Ollie (even though I know he will LOVE "school" and will be a-okay).

So, as I have become a mommy and stalked  errr...i mean looked at Erica Bohrer from Erica's Ed-Ventures, Ashley Schroerder from Schroederschenanigansin2nd or Hope King from Second Grade Shenanigans and soooo many more teachers' Instagrams from their time in Vegas - I realize I want to be like them. ( Secretly, I want to be their best friend too!)

...I am getting off track...

But seriously, I want to be a teacher that is so ecstatic about my job and my kids and the learning that is to happen that everyone knows it! I am taking my vow publicly, and stating it on my blog! So, to the few readers that I have - please hold me accountable. I want to post about all the fun things we are doing in first grade. I want to post about a product that I make and put on TPT (I have no clue even where to begin to do that.)  I want to post about my first year of teaching with a baby and most importantly, I want to have FUN! 

So...if anyone has any advice on how to get through my first day of work without my little one, how to update my blog so it is cute, any fun back to school ideas - let's link up and have PAAARTY!

Happy Reading! Amy C!

No comments:

Post a Comment